HomeBear Basics and BeyondAvailableBear Making Guides


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Singer featherweight from yester year

My "new" Featherweight machine arrived last night

I say new but its only new to me

Chantel as she is called is a
221 Singer Featherweight
1951 Centennial Edition
October 31, 1951
I do not machine sew my bears, but rather enjoy sitting
and sewing by hand,
however having this beautiful machine to work on
just might tempt me.
I plan to start off with some rag dolls and see where I end up!
If you would like to purchase one of these beautiful peices
Cathy Lynn Forcino
can not come more highly recommended
This machine was packed up to perfection and safely shipping half way around the world
Cathy is quite an expert when it comes to this.
browse her web site and take a peak at her bears made on these machines





2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen! It truly is a beauty - I have been eyeing a gorgeous machine at a local thrift shop for awhile now...it is in pristing condition and just calls my name as soon as I walk in - I can't wait to see what you and Chantel create!

    XOXO Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Helen, you will LOVE sewing with Chantel. I bought my Annie-Mae from Cathy and have never been happier with a purchase. I have never enjoyed sewing on a machine very much, but that all changed with Annie-Mae. Now I baste and then double stitch all of my seams on my bears just so I can sew on her more! :-)
    Heaps of Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete