HomeBear Basics and BeyondAvailableBear Making Guides


Saturday, December 28, 2013

Catch up and Clean up

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Christmas Break.
 I have managed, to already:
Spring clean the house
Entertain family at my house
Shop and catch up with my friend Lucy 
Watch movies, spending time with my husband Ray
And now.... time to sew bears!!
I have 2 little cubs being sewn at the moment
I will share them with you soon.

I thought I would share with you
my bear sewing kit
I have created this stand 
to go next to my chair while watching TV
-which is where I do my sewing.

This is created with a jewellery box
placed on top of a plant stand


I have added frame Velcro strips to keep 
the top attached, but easily removable.

There are 2 little draws
perfect for all the things I need to create a bear


The top full of little jars
filled with eyes, joints, buttons and noses.

I also use this little velvet jewellery tray 
to sit on my lap when I sew, 
now I don't loose bits down the side of the couch.
when I'm ready to stop I just sit the tray 
on top the stand and ready for next time.

1 comment: