HomeBear Basics and BeyondAvailableBear Making Guides


Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Teddy Bear Times looking beautiful as ever

Having won 2 Toby awards for 
Frappe and Po the Panda, 
I thought things could not get better.
I was wrong.

Teddy Bear Times have covered the awards
in their current issue.
While creating the article I was contacted to 
include Frappe and Po the Panda.
I emailed a few photos of Frappe with the coke can
(shown in earlier posts) 
and he must have stolen a few hearts

Heading off to work early one morning 
I checked my email down near the front gate
To my surprise there was an email 
asking if I could photograph Frappe
"but on a white background - by tomorrow" 
I turned my car around without hesitation
and started heading back up to the house.
I know what a white background means, 
I read on, "we might place him on the cover" 

I had been feeling a little low- tired I guess,
Well my mood changed in an instant!
All of a sudden being late for work just didn't matter.
I grabbed Frappe and headed for mums
My mum lives nearer the city and it was still dark -6 am
I called Mum and Dad when I was close,
just over an hour later.
"I need white card and a bright spot in the garden"
I took some photos, sent them off and headed for work.
...In a slightly better mood.

While I can say that Frappe was already special
being a personal challenge, then winning a Toby
He has made me so proud making the cover!
If you have not already subscribed
Sign up at Teddy Bear Times
Digital or printed... Or both.
I love to read, hot off the press 
on my iPad, the day it's released.
 Then wait for the printed copy
to arrive in the post and join my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment